Saturday, February 6, 2010

Grumpy old lady....

This morning we woke up to lighting and thunder right over our heads.  On my walk to school with Elena, there were heaps of pea-sized hail on the ground, but fortunately the weather improved before we left.  Paolo doesn't have school on Saturday's so he was busy bouncing off the walls when I got home.  We sent him outside (under the balcony of our apartment to stay out from the rain) to play with his skateboard and soccer ball.  Then, the grumpy old lady came out.  I am assuming it is the same old lady who came out to yell at Elena yesterday for playing on the grass.  "You will ruin it" is what Elena translated it to.  Today Paolo got yelled at for the generic "You can't do that here" - at least that is what he thinks she said.  I guess some things don't change.  I remember my brother and I getting yelled for all those things when we were kids here.  And then we complain that kids sit around getting fat these days.....

Claudio and Paolo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing this! Where are you exactly?

BrendaG said...

Hi Karen, We're in Frascati, Italy, In the Castelli Romani , a series of towns in the hills south of Rome! Ciao, Brenda