Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snowy day

I have already gotten complaints here from my colleagues who are blaming me for bringing the bad weather. Rome gets snow once every 25 years and yesterday they got about 1 inch. Frascati was in a state of stupor. People were taking their kids out of school early for fear of what, I am not sure. Paolo's class had 5 kids left by the time class got out! The snow did come down fast and thick, and it gave everything a nice thick coat of white, but it was mostly melted by evening - we got maybe 5-6cm. This morning brought a wonderful light with the everything having a little dusting remaining. This didn't stop people from strapping on their chains on their tires! I have to say, though, that hilly streets and a thin sheet of ice (melted snow which refroze overnight) makes for treacherous walking. Claudio

1 comment:

Claudio said...

See aslo:

http://www.ilmessaggero.it/articolo.php?id=91046&sez=HOME_ROMA