Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Iceland!

On the 14th of June my sister and mom and I stepped foot on Iceland. When we stepped into the airport we saw him the entomologist of lake Myvatn, Claudio Gratton (my dad)… we walked up to him and said hello, he replied in the same way, then we walked out of the airport and got in the car and drove to Akureyri and had some Ice-cream and tea, then we set off for Myvatn. On the way we stopped at a waterfall, then set off again. We finally got there, the gang was waiting (gang: Kyle, Jamin, Ted, Bre, Mireia, David). We said hello and put our stuff in our rooms then watched a World Cup soccer game. Then went to the hot pots (there were holes in the groundwith bubbling mud and steam vents, it smelled like rotten eggs), and then went to bed.

At Dettifoss

The next morning we had breakfast then went to the biggest waterfall in Iceland (Dettifoss) and down to have a coffee in Husavik and to reserve tickets to see whales, then went home and had dinner and went to bed. The next day we went to Husavik to go on a boat to see whales. We saw 4 minke whales. After that we went to see Erica and the baby, then we went home and had dinner then went to bed.

Minke Whale at Husavik

The next day we went to Dimmoborgir and the East fiords and stayed in a hotel. The day after we went horseback riding, which was super fun. Then went to Unnur’s and Arni’s house. Then stayed there for two nights. While we were there we went to Reykjavik then I got a leather-man (I was deciding on a bigger pocket knife but then I considered a smaller leather-man, I really like the leather-man). We also we to 871+-2,which is an excavation on a Viking settlement. We also had a hot dog from the famous hot dog stand. Then jumped on a plane went back home!

Another Minke Whale

What I thought was really cool is the whales, because I had never seen a whale (in person that is). The hot dogs were really good too,and the 871+-2 because it had a bunch of reconstructions.

Paolo

No comments: