Hi!
I'm sorry we haven't been blogging for a while. But when life gets busy it becomes hard to remember to blog. Any way school has been going pretty good and I'm constantly busy with work, which I suppose is a good thing. Another project that Paolo and I have started though is our chicken project. Mamma and Papa recently told us that if we research every thing we need and have to do to get chickens we could get them! So this weekend we began looking at different breeds and different coups and what we need to feed them and all that jazz. Today we also went to look at papa's friend Tim's chicken coup and ask them questions... now I'm more exited than ever. Right now our plans are to build the coup inside the garage. I've also looked at a few different breeds of chickens: Delaware, Red star, Golden laced Wyandotte, Easter egger (that one actually looks like the Easter bunny, it's really cute!), australorp, Buckeye, White cochin (which doesn't lay very many eggs but it's beautiful, but it looks more like a dove than a chicken). I also decided that I should keep a close tab on how many eggs we get, how the chickens act and I thought I could do that by writing on the blog (I was feeling pretty smart)! Any way the chickens are a summer project I won't be starting until I get back from Washington D.C.
But I'm super exited and I hope I remember to blog about more than just chickens. Papa and I were joking that I should put a live video feed of the inside of the coup... that's not going to happen.
Ciao :)
Elena

No comments:
Post a Comment